Saturday, November 29, 2008

ET CETERA

It's been a busy few days. I am psyched about so many things. This time of year is energizing to me, as it usually is. Some folks get S.A.D. when the days get shorter, but my psyche or metabolism seem to somehow compensate for that. The coolness enlivens me. Change stirs me.

The Alkathon is on the right track which is really kewl. It's great to see lots of people working together to get this done. This is truly a team effort which is a wonderful spectacle to behold. I am excited and blessed to be a part of the process. Some days it is evident that being able to give is a gift unto itself.

I met Joan and George at Walmart on Friday for the Black Friday event. It was mad, crazy crowded in there!!! We shot over to Sears afterwards where there was no crowd at all. I actually did better at Sears than Walmart. I was happy about that. I have to shop at Walmart...I just can't afford not to, but my conscience isn't at all happy about my financial survival instincts. I have many qualms with corporate Walmart and its policies.

The past couple of nights have been especially rough on my poor lungs. I have a cold or some such with allergies on top of it. Yesterday I washed everything on my bed cause the night before was absolutely horrible. Last night was a bit better, but even at that I used my rescue inhaler three or four times (I have trouble counting when I am am half awake). That is WAY TOO often to be using it. It was way more often than prescribed but I was NOT NOT NOT giong to the ER. (Yes, I am pig-headed! LOL) I did manage to sleep a couple, two, three hours at a time...something I couldn't do the night before so getting all the fur and pet dander off the bedding was good for me.

With the exception of the mold situation this summer, I've have not had to use my rescue inhaler at night. It's freakin scary!!! Waking up scared spitless, coughing, gasping for air, groping and hoping I can find the fool thing, praying to the gods that it will work, then the reprieve till next time...UGH! When this cold or whatever leaves, I should be doing much better. I have noticed that if I am out of the house or sitting at my desk or at the table I don't cough to speak of. The couch and the bed seem to trigger things. Nothing says ALLERGY like that now, does it?

I've made a very 'moving' pro and con list. The pros seriously outweigh the cons...and many of the pros are extremely compelling. I knew which way I was going, but this helped to clarify and reinforce which are always good things. A clear mind is a wonderful thing!!!

After the meeting, I grabbed a prior temporary sponsor and recruited her as my new sponsor. My sponsor and I had had a discussion this week and she felt she could no longer continue as my sponsor. I understand her reasons. I've been trying to get back into the steps again anyway which has been hard to do. I went through them once in my first year but have not done so again. I've have been trying to do another walk-through. There have been obstacles. I am feeling guardedly optimistic. This new sponsor is very much into stepwork.

Carrie and I had a chance to spend some time together over this holiday weekend. That went well. I had a lovely time. I may meet up with her, her grandmother and her girls at the Holiday Dazzle Parade. We had all gone there together last year before 'all hell broke loose.' I froze my silly butt off, but I had a good time. Kimmy and Robin were so excited about the parade and Santa and the season and mommy being there with them. They are kewl kids.

I was reminded that there is a business meeting at the sober club tomorrow too. It's from 4-5 PM. I'd like to make that too. I am sure we will be planning a Christmas party. I'd like to see if I can help out. With my commitment to the Alkathon, I won't be able to do too much, but every little bit helps and I do like to feel a part of the solution. I was a part of the problem for so long...

No comments: