Monday, November 17, 2008

Handle with Prayer

I found out tongiht that Kent did not have his procedure today. He had an episode on Saturday night so they are delaying things...till Thursday I think. Jim said he is on strict orders to do NOTHING. No leaving the house, no lifting, no nothing. Here's hoping he can follow those doctor's orders. You'd think for a career military dude, he'd get the chain of command thing. Nope! He is as pig-headed, stubborn and defiant as I am. I guess that's what makes us such good friends. 100% compliance is never in the cards for us. LMAO...and still praying. My god's got a sense of humor.

I got in a second two mile walk this afternoon. It felt good but my hips are flat out killing me. I sit still for a few and I can barely move. I shall have to make pleasant inquiries when I go to my doctor's next time. Sometimes this gets pretty bad, like I am going to lose myself under the weight of me...and the weight aint what it used to be folks!

Still, I like my morning walks and my afternoon walks for different reasons. I guess its sort of a meditation kind of thing. Both are very energizing. Both are very relaxing. I think I am going to try to keep doing the two a day. I'm not anywhere near making Olympic time, so I am certainly not overexerting myself. I enjoy the time with myself, to clear my head, to regroup and to get in touch with my feelings. Walking is good for that.

Tomorrow I am going to the meeting at QV. It's so good to touch base with the gang there. I don't get to go every week so it is always a treat to be there. Danielle has agreed to pick me up (I have to remember to call to remind her). I told her about the Native American flutist playing from 12:30 to 2. She's gonna bring Trevor down for that. It will be interesting and different from the usual fair.

I am so tired. Emotionally beat...and the holidays are coming! UGH! So, I will finish my midnight snack (2 Tums and a Pepcid Complete) which for some reason I actually enjoy the taste. Incredible...lose interest in chocolate, gain interest in chewable stomach medicines. Who'da thunk? Not me!

No comments: