Friday, November 7, 2008

What a couple of weeks!

I am feeling sooo much better this week...have been feeling better for a while. Thank goodness that's over.

I just finished up my house sitting gig. Three dogs may be just a bit much for my allergies. I AM allergic to dogs after all. My breathing will get better in a couple of days. I even had to use my inhaler a couple of times. Whew! Glad I had it.

It was good to be around the dogs. I kept them out of my room so I would have a reprieve when I slept. Besides, that waking up this summer in the middle of the night needing my inhaler cause of my mold allergies has not worn off yet. Better to be safe. It was nice to have the dogs sitting on my lap...three at a time at that...while watching TV.

I got to New Haven on Wednesday for my check up. I am doing fine. I had stuff to ask that my PCP wanted me to inquire about so I forgot to ask if I was still on the soft diet or not. I called and left a message so I can find out. I'm not sweating it. I've been cleared to start strength training, so I have to get my butt in gear and get to the gym.

I came home last night about 12:45 AM...all kinds of junk food on the counters. Company is in town. I laughed. The most appealing part of the whole deal was the orange colored carrot on the piece of carrot cake...and that was about the color. Knowing what sugar will do to me is an added incentive too. I'm willing to take others word for it, I don't need to find out for myself. I do have my moments when I want to find the worst possible food and pig out but I can get through those moments because they are just moments, just passing thoughts. Mostly I just look at that kind of garbage food, remember where I came from and remind myself of where I want to get to. Seems to be working.

I have a few odds and ends to get around to doing. I have to get minutes and an agenda typed up, then I have to redo the membership brochure for the East Side Social Club. My goal is to have it all done and printed by tomorrow morning. I already have a good start on it.

No comments: