Thursday, November 13, 2008

A 2-Meeting Day!

Well, any day with two meetings in it is always a successful day. This was one of those days...I think.

I threw up again today...3 times in 5 days. I don't think I like this new hobby. I am on the full diet now. It is possible I am just exposing myself to things that my body is rejecting yet. Then again, I can feel the emotional stress going on with me. Ill friends, I saw Carrie this weekend, all the Alkathon stress, being off lithium (which seems okay for now) and so on. Any gut-wrenching experiences I have ever had had been both emotional and physical. My body is very good at translating what my head has swimming around in it.

In spite of it all, I feel like I am on an even keel. Hitting more meetings has always helped so I am diving right in again. I know it works. I'm talking to people to de-stress. I am doing positive things. I am exercising. I am praying (to my higher power not to some dead guy on a cross).

Funny, the topic of higher power and prayer came up at the "never on time" meeting. I was talking about my spirituality versus religion. Religion is like the suit one puts on one's spirituality...I prefer my spirituality skyclad. There are times that I do enjoy the communal prayer/praise thing, then I go to church to get it. But its like dessert, nice if you have it perhaps, but no loss if you don't.

I've been writing more too. Not only do I enjoy that but it is a good release. It's interesting to see how some combinations of words just seem to suddenly fit together in a whole new way.

I mailed a note and a bag of peanut butter kisses to Ashley today. The kid loves peanut butter. Damn! It cost more to mail the package than it did for the contents. Oh well. I know how much even a little care package can mean. It was well worth it, even if I am still in awe of the postal prices. The times they are a changing.

That reminds me, I need to start thinking about my next visit up to Warehouse Point. Some time after Thanksgiving she is supposed to be transferred to a group home in Cromwell (?) if she is right about the location. She's visited there and is quite excited about the move which is absolutely phenomenal. Though, she does like it being back at the CCP too. It's good to see her doing well and staying "planted." Here extracurricular traveling activities were more than a bit nerve racking.

Life really is good. I look around and see so many blessings, blessings that I can't say that I "deserve" but rather have just been gifted with. Life on life's terms can certaqinly knock me for a loop now and again. Today I do better pulling myself back together though I am subject to fall apart again without notice. Just for today...I am well.

No comments: