Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dynamic Day!

Today is definitely a high engery day! I got up early enough to get in some meditation before the rest of the house got up. Peace and quiet is so essential to my meditatioon process. It was calming and energizing at the same time. It really had been a while. I've been feeling the need to be a bit more centered lately. Kent goes in for his procedure (hopefully not all out surgery...I'm a'praying) tomorrow.

I made coffee, did a few chores, had breakfast and made it to the morning meeting. Spring's plans had changed so I figured it would be just as easy for her to pick me up in Putnam to make the Open House at the club. Well, that worked out absolutely delightfully, I must say. I wasn't planning on doing the morning meeting but it was super! I'm glad I got to it. Missing it would have been a shame. The speakers were out of Chepachet and they were dynamic.

Spring mentioned to me that she had seen me in a green sweater this week and it was a good color on me. Hmm. Must be the Irish in me coming out. (oh, then there's that short story I am working on...well, procrastinating on). I never thought much of green as a color. I don't dislike it necessarily. It's funny too how I get exasperated when I thrift shop cause all I ever see in my size is GREEN stuff. Maybe it's sign?

Got to the club about 11:30 or noonish. There were bunches of folks in and out while I was there. It was great to see so many faces, so many potential new members. That filled me with an unbridled enthusiasm. Food, folks and fun...what more could a bunch of sober alcoholics and addicts ask for?

I also got a chance to touch base with the old Danielson gang. I only get down there on Tuesday nights for meetings. It's a transportation thang! It was good to chat and laugh and catch up. Not to mention, they all keep telling me how fantastic I look. That alone is worth the trip.

Of course, folks I keep seeing all the time tell me the same thing. I'm really into this positive reinforcement thing! LMAO Well, it is a great motivator. Also, I think it helps that I am dressing a bit better than I have generally in the past. Looking good, feelilng good...what's not to notice?

This afternoon I managed to get in my two mile walk. I left a bit before 4 PM. I have to make a note to myself to get out earlier. The trees and the rotation of the sun made it a bit more dark out there than I cared for by the time I headed home. Still, it was invigorating. I do have to work on the eyeglass fogging thing when I come indoors. GRRRRRRR! I will just have to break down and get some more of that Armorall stuff like I used to. Behold the wonders of toxic waste!

Danielle and I were talking this afternoon. We've decided to head out to a meeting tonight. We picked the Jewett City meeting. I haven't been to that one in ages. Last time I went, I think I was hanging with Jim and his crew. There are a lot of sober houses/treatment houses in that area. Many of the folks there come from one of those places. Talk about keeping it green! Well, that does it for me! To see someone trying desperately to regain their life is a source of inspiration. I remember (and never want to forget) the pain of being there, in that ugly, gut-wrenching existence somewhere between the of hell not wanting to live with alcohol anymore and not being able to imagine life without it either. I'm grateful for that. It got me out of a bad, bad place.

Last night I lulled myself to a blissful ready for sleep state writing a gratitude list. It was nice. Memories, smiles, tears, hopes, dreams...all in there and then some. Perhaps if I am up to it, I will transfer the list to this blog after I get home from the meeting tonight.

It enver ceases to amaze me when I write gratitude lists (which I do not do as often as I should) how my perspectives have changed. My very first lists were elaborate rendings of the things that I had, not much on a spiritual plane to say the least. The gratitude list is one of the real signs that I can look at to see how I have grown in five short years. It's an amazing thang!

And the un-growing is going along just fine and dandy. I have another garbage bag, maybe two of clothes to donate to the Thriftique. This is very exciting news! I like being able to donate to a good cause and there is a bit of an amends in that too I guess. Interesting how I tend to overlook that.

Well, I am off to do, what I am off to do....

No comments: