Saturday, November 22, 2008

just another day...

I have just settled into my computer mode, having just finished a bowl of really delicious homemade lentil soup...I made the soup. It came out absolutely wonderful! I used the leftovers from the pork shoulder the night before last. Needless to say there is nothing traditional about my lentil soup. But, I wanna tell ya, this baby was protein packed and out of this world!

Nothing earth shattering to report on today. I got my morning meeting in, distributed some Alkathon flyers, inquired about borrowing a truck to help Sue finish her move and even arranged a ride to the truck after the morning meeting tomorrow.

I got to the Christmas bazaar at the church on the hill. I was supposed to help for a couple of hours but I looked around before my shift and then headed out after about an hour because things had quieted down. I did manage to break down some boxes, which is something I rather enjoy for some odd reason...probably those jobs at Staples and Dominoes. Breaking down boxes was all part of my routine. So, I have some unusual hobbies. Go figure!

I picked up a book on walking labyrinths at the sale. I am very excited. When I was doing centering prayer in Pomfret, our little band had walked a labyrinth that was set up inside Christ Church. What a wonderful spiritual experience! It was very intense and very personal. Labyrinths have been around since before christianity and I can certainly see why. The symbollic spititual significance was unbelievably profound. I know there are a few around...at one of the churches on the UCONN campus and there is one at the Sanctuary in Haddem I believe. I'd like to walk that path again. I have gone online and found some neat meditative labyrinths that I can negotiate with my mouse. It is so exciting and so soothing all at the same time. I highly recommend it!!!

I got down to Danielson for a bit, visited with some folks. I managed to plan tomorrow out with Sue...well, as well as any WE can plan anyway. I've been urging her to get lots of help so we can load at the old apartment and unload at the new apartment. I only have the truck for a couple of hours and there is lots of work to get done.

I ran some errands with Carrie. She seems to be doing well, but I have to remember that she has not been doing well for too long. It's easy for me to lose track of that fact but very important that I don't. Truth be told, I'd be okay with forgetting on some level.

So I had a really good day. I got out. I mingled. I took care of business. Now it is time to kick back and see what is on SciFi. I do miss BBC Saturday nights still. Torchwood was one of my favs, but alas, we do not get that here at the house. : - (

No comments: