Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wow! It's been a whole week! Who'da thunk?

Well, I've been rather busy. Went to New Haven on Wednesday. I lost another 11 pounds which I consider way kewl. I don't go back now for another 3 months. I am wiating on the results of some blood work. I told them about my muscle spasms (which I've had on and off since I was a kid). They are checking electrolytes among other things.

I used to take a product called EMERGEN 'C' but it is a fizzy drink and not on my diet at this point. That stuff worked like a charm. I did some Googling last night and have found some other electrolyte replacement items that are not fizzy. I am hoping they will help. Waking up screaming from god-only-knows-where spasms is not my idea of a good time...never has been come to think of it.

Sue and Carrie were both supposed to come along for the ride. Sue has been interested in finding out more about the surgery but she canceled so it was Carrie and I. Well, we hit a few second hand stores and I managed to pick up a few things. I go through clothes so fast! (That's an observation, not a complaint!!! LOL) I didn't find any pants, which is a bummer. Somehow I managed to "lose" a pair of green pants. Jeanne and Beth assure me they are not mixed in with their things, though I would be more confident of that statement if they had actually bothered to look. So, I am down to six pairs of pants with only four pairs of casual pants. Keeping up with laundry is a challenge!

Sue knew I was planning on shopping so she calls at 2 PM (my appointment was at 11:40 AM) to ask if we are near Danielson cause she would like a ride to the bank. I said, "NO." Then she kept calling to track our progress. Every call made Carrie more agitated. By 10:30 PM (yes, I am a shopaholic) Carrie was in tears and I was very suspicious. When we pulled up to the house Sue came out and bid me farewell with a "well it's past your bedtime so you better get going." It brought back memories of those days when partying was the MOST important thing in my life. I left feeling pretty sure what the game plan was from that point. Sad. Very, very sad.

I am so grateful to be sober today. I am so grateful to feel good about me today.

I did manage to basically finish my Xmas shopping on Wednesday. There's one or two loose ends, but the basics are done, done, done! I have spent the last couple of days wrapping with the Xmas music blaring.

Last night I put up my little tree in my room. I think it is all of 18" high, but it is a cute one. I am definitely feeling the Xmas spirit...and it feels good!

Today is the Open House for "Stepping Stone Jewelry" and tomorrow is the club breakfast/open house. I won't make the breakfast but I have to stop by before to drop off the newest edition of THE WRENCH which I will print up this afternoon. Then I will stop by after as I am on the committee for the Kids Christmas Party. I want to get to church to touch base with a friend whose husband died last Sunday. Michelle has had a very rough year and can use all the support she can get right now.

Then, I am hoping to make it to the parade in Putnam. I had a lot of fun last year...first time ever I went. I think a repeat performance is in order. LOL

In between all that I have to work up the figures for the Alkathon budget and stop at Wally World to buy ink for my printer.

I wanted to tell Beth and Jeanne I was looking for a place before this weekend. They have house guests who will be here until after the wedding. Things are hectic. They are going to Boston to see Beth's nephew in a play. I was originally invited but apparently that thought got lost in the excitement of company. It sucks to be overlooked but I grew up with that so I will adjust as I always have. Of course, this confirms for me that this is not the place I need to stay.

I will find a way to stay busy tonight. Last week I used the car to pick up a couple of old friends for a meeting. It was nice to be able to offer a ride to someone who was always willing to pick me up. Touching base with old friends is always a pleasure.

There's always so many positive things to do, so many positives to seek out in life if I am willing to do the foot work. I feel so blessed today...like the man in the moon is smiling down on me.

No comments: