Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good Morning World!

My egg whites and I are sitting here trying to eat very, very slowly. Interesting how I first thought taking 15-20 minutes to eat was an obscene and absurd amount of time. Now I rather enjoy the leisurely pace. Seems my first response is to resist change...fortunately for me that is just my starting point not my staying point. Like the Borg would say, "Resistance is futile."

Maybe it is a first line of defense thing. Change can be threatening because it sometimes seems that if I have to change something then I must be doing it wrong to begin with. My ego isn't always happy about those thoughts so I have to work through "wrong" and translate it to "different."

So, after I finish eating I will go and put on a wee bit of makeup. No eye shadow though. I tried that once and turned into the funniest looking raccoon you never wanted to see. Hell, I was the funniest looking raccoon that I never wanted to see. Apparently this make up thing is some sort of art form. I am absolutely NOT artistically inclined in any aesthetic way, shape or form. I am a wordsmith not sculptor, painter or whatever. That's okay though, I like my words just fine.

Busy day today...two meetings and hopefully some shopping at one of the Sally Stores. I have exactly two decent outfits that fit and that is driving me nuts. The rest of my wardrobe is sweat pants, t-shirts, jeans and sweatshirts. Lately I feel like dressing decent more than not so it is a frustrating situation. I like dress casual not over the top. On top of all that, I am having a hard time finding stuff I like that fits. When I was big, everything was smaller and now that I am smaller, everything is big. Damn Murphy's Law! It does make shopping quite the challenge, not to mention keeping things interesting and me on my toes. LOL

No comments: