Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Milk of Magnesia is my friend...s'all I'm saying! Yeehaw!!!

I put on a sweater that I really liked this morning...too big. It's not the kinda style I could just overlook a thing like that in. Jeepers! It's okay. I'm adjusting to this quite nicely. Okay! Okay! I am actually enjoying this to be quite honest. LMAO

Ashley is in the hospital. Well, technically they released her but she does not want to go back to the CCP. She has her reasons. I understand them...don't agree with them necessarily but I understand them. That kid's had a rough road in her 16 years. I believe the things we survive are exactly those things which give us our greatest strength.

There's still no word on the car. I really don't like the waiting to find out. It raises my stress level. UGH! Stress is NOT my friend.

I've been 'window shopping' online trying to get ideas for Christmas. I am so out of my league on so many things. I'm learning though. It's an interesting process. I must admit that I really do love the challenge of the xmas shopping season.

It's a soft, quiet gray outside as the rain falls on the eaves of the house making it seem rather tranquil here. The clouds seem to provide a bit mood lighting for a bit of serenity. There's something about a rainy day that I really enjoy...not just the puddles to splash in, but that does qualify as a bonus in my book.

There are beads of water hanging from the roof and even the wood stacked up for burning is enjoying a change of color for the moment. The birds and squirrels and other wildlife are taking the day to rest for nary a critter is stirring about the yard. The ping-ting-ting of rain falling is soothing. It feels cleansing in so many ways...like a cool shower in summer...like a good 'letting go of things' cry...like escaping for a moment by relaxing in a warm, fragrant bath...like jumping into the cool waters of a lake on a hot, sticky summer day. YUP! It's just like that stuff!

I love New England weather, its changes and unpredictability. I like to watch it unfold. I enjoy the surprises it frequently offers. I'm grateful that I am in this place today, enjoying my life, delighting in this journey.

No comments: