Saturday, November 15, 2008

AH! The music...

Beth and Jeanne are talking with Ted and Diane about music for the wedding at the dining room table.. I have escaped to my computer. I am soooo out of my element with the whole musical thang. UGH! Every time I try to carry a tune, I drop the damn radio. I have surrendered. Folks kept bugging me to do the karoake at the ESSC events. I finally did it and now the silence is deafening...but I knew that. I warned them. 'Twas their own danm fault. LOL Give me a keyboard instead of a microphone ANY OLE DAY!!!

Yesterday's jaunt to Worcester was VERY successful. I hit the Goodwill Store up there and a little "Jewish Ladies Auxiliary Store" and made out quite nicely, thank you very much. It's not that this will last any longer than my last round...and that is perfectly fine with me I'll have you know. Hell, I even managed to find two pairs of Levi's in my size. YEEHAW! (too much time in Kansas, methinks!)

I had asked Anne if I could borrow her car while she slept so I had free reign of the city. Funny how I find cities energizing. I can't decide if I really want to live in one mind you but for practical purposes it may be necessary. Without transportation, commuting for a degree is a nonissue. Cities, with their public transportation and other conveniences might be the only avenue. I was thinking about that yesterday driving around Worcester with all its colleges. The problem is that I waffle back and forth on that whole degree thing. Fortunately, I don't have to decide anything today. Perhaps I will write a pro and con list on the issue later. I have yet to do that.

AAAAAHHHHH!!! Now they are singing in the dining room. I R AFFEAREDED! It's too close for comfort. I hope I am not moved to spontaneously sing along. I like where I live. Jeepers!

Gratitude list. I am going to write a gratitude list this afternoon. I have been meaning to get to that all week. It's November, the season of thanks. It's about time. Besides, it has been a long time since I have sat down and worked dilligently on one. Gratitude lists have been so vital not only to my recovery but to my attitude. I'm not necessarily in a bad space but preventive maintence is a good idea on any vehicle.

Tomorrow the East Side Social Club is havnig an open house. Spring will be picking me up. I plan on baking this afternoon. I love playing in the kitchen! It's not about the eating. It's about the creating. And, the aromas are absolutley incredible too. What a bonus! I need to do a bit of shopping. I have mini cupcake papers but we don't have a mini muffin pan. I like structure and my cupcakes would be best served by that as well. I have some other things to pick up as well, in the grocery department. I am really excited about tearing up the kitchen. Trust me, that is an apt description of how I bake. LMAO

Some day I may just make someone a good wife. And, today, that's even a possibility. I will of course have to get over my love of the single life. ; - )

Meeting time in a few. Will keep you updated on my adventures in domesticity.

No comments: