Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wipe Out!!!

I'm not sure what is going on, but I feel terrible today. It started last night when I felt so exhausted all I could do was go to bed at 10 PM. I figured since I've been running and stressing to get things done with less sleep than I should have that it was just all of life on life's terms catching up with me.

I woke up this morning just before 8 AM, still tired, with a headache and I swear to god that I can feel the inflammation in my body. My lips are swollen, my face feels very puffy, my sinuses seemed to be inflamed to an extent and my ankles and my hands seem to have retained some fluid as well. My joints ache and in the shower this morning I noticed that just touching my shins was EXTREMELY painful. That shin thing has been ongoing. I don't know what it is all about. I feel like I could just lay down but I am not especially tired....more lethargic and weak than anything else. I have things to get done but I absolutely do not want to move. My head feels like it is in a fog. UGH!

I have probably caught some nasty bug (aren't they all nasty, though?) that is going around. Well, I don't get sick all that often so I am just might be due for the ick.

I will take it real easy this afternoon. I want to make it to the elections for the Northeast CT New Year's Alkathon committee tonight. I'd consider a nap, but the way I NAP, I'd probably sleep right through 7 PM. I could never do those 20 minute power naps. If I close my eyes, my body goes right to sleep mode. Always has been that way. More power to you folks who can do the power nap thang. That aint me!!!

Well, I am gonna go watch some TV so I can conserve my energy. Imagine me watching TV in the afternoon! That's so NOT my style. LMAO

No comments: