Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting ready to take on the day!

I've taken my morning meds, eaten breakfast, read my emails and caught up on a bit of the news. Now it is time to take on the day.

I am feeling sooo lazy. I haven't even hit the shower yet and it is damn near 10 AM. LOL

S'alright though. I am going to 'clean up my act' and get dressed. I am scheduled to be in Waterford for 1 PM. I'm looking forward to the ride. I do so enjoy traveling by car. The last two days have been walking days...to QV anc back on Tuesday and to United Services and back yesterday along with a walk to Broad Street both evenings.

It feels so good to be walking so much again. I notice I am walking faster and getting places quicker. Folks still stop to ask me if I'd like a ride. Bless them! I have a lot of friends who don't "GET" that I do this walking thing not just because I have to but rather because I really do enjoy it. I find it empowering. I remember when I first got sober, someone would always be asking me if I was willing to go to any lengths. Truth be told, I woulda done whatever just because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. I think about those things when I walk to meetings...how far I've come...how putting one foot in front of the other has made all the difference in the world to me...the steps necessary for change. It's a meditation time that I really find quite pleasant. Walking just feels so right!

Well, I am going to print up some flyers for the Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner on the 7th and some of the Linda B-day flyers...which I can talk about here since Linda doesn't do the internet so I can't ruin the surprise part of the party in this forum! LMAO So much to do! It's good to be busy!!!

No comments: