Sunday, February 22, 2009

So, I'm reading a friend's blog....

...about grow lights in the basement and laughing myself silly. I had grow lights in my basement once. I can talk about that now cause the statue of limitations has run out. Of course, there was no real crime in my actions. That was when I discovered that I really do not have a green thumb. I gave it my best shot mind you, but alas, cultivation was never a crime that I excelled at. And, I am sure even the best of jurists would be unable to convict me for subjecting large quantities of dirt to full spectrum lighting. Okay, it wasn't THAT bad...there were some sticks with an occasional leaf that sprouted...AND THEN SUMMARILY DIED A PROMPT YET UGLY DEATH!!!

The idea that someone would put grow lights in their basement to start legitimate seeds for a legal garden is absolutely astonishing to me! I just didn't know what I didn't know. I wonder what horticultural whiz first came up with that rather novel concept? What else can I say? I am just floored! Absolutely floored!!!! That folks can get things to grow indoors is befuddling to my poor agriculturally challenged mind. It is apparent to me that some of the folks I know are downright amazing!!!!

It's been a whirlwind day for me. I got up late so I barely had time to get ready for my ride to church. I was trying to take care of some rather mundane projects...fix the shade for my bedroom window (accomplished, I think)...switch the door on the fridge so that it opens into the kitchen instead of toward the living room (there were some complications there)...use speaker wire to set up an impromptu antenna for my boombox (seems to be working)...

WHEN KENT CALLS ABOUT THE END OF THE MONTH BUSINESS MEETING AT THE CLUB. I had spaced that out. I headed over for that so I could take notes and get the newsletter ready for this month then I hung out for a bit and grabbed a ride to the meeting at St. Alban's. I've been home since just before 9 PM and I am still going.

I put together a flyer for the new Friday night Big Book meeting in Danielson at the East Side Social Club so the information can get out at the District meeting tomorrow night. I also managed to call Carrie for a few. We chatted fora bit and I mentioned the Sound Community Services program I saw online. She didn't seem overly impressed, but hey, that's not on me. I just passed along what I had found out.

Tomorrow morning I will be going with Papa Smurf to Norwich. He does his radiation at Backus and then we will be off to the soup kitchen meeting down there. I'm looking forward to the meeting and it will be nice to visit with him. It will be a pleasant change of pace for both of us.

Well, it's time for this gal to be hitting the hay. I could write on and on. I just had to post the grow light thing. I am absolutely amazed. Never! Never have I consciously heard of anyone growing legal things with grow lights in their basements. Damn! I have to get out more! REALLY!!!!! Maybe meet some more people...of the earth people variety. That's just incredible...........

No comments: