Monday, March 23, 2009

Plotting & Planning

I woke up at 5 AM with a kidney call...haven't been able to get back t o sleep. I spent 40 minutes lying & trying to no avail. UGH! It's may be a long day! Well, it had to start sometime, right? On the bright, I am not tired per se but my eyes are heavy. For one experiencing a bit of mania, that's actually a very good sign.

My 'to-do' list is quite extensive. Of course, I ascribe to the theory that a 'to-do' list should get done....EVENTUALLY! Well, over the course of the next few days I will get all this STUFF done while adding to it whatever else comes up...which will get done sooner or later. I never got the point of sweating over doing everything immediately. Jeepers! I'm only one person. However, writing down what I need to do gives me attainable goals that I can see and visible results for my efforts. It's Organization 101 for me. I laugh when folks tell me how I am so naturally organized. I AM SO NOT NATURALLY ORGANIZED!!! LMAO I have to work at it and remember every little trick that I have ever learned, but remember and utilize I do...regularly. Life would be too unmanageable if I didn't. Putting things in writing (my datebook & calendar are my lifelines) and sticking to a routine helps with organization as well. I recommend organization to anyone who has never tried it.

Geez, it's 7:30ish and I've already crossed off 2 1/2 things on my 'to-do' list. Blogging was on my 'to-do' list. LMAO

I have a bunch ESSC stuff to do. I am trying to gather a committee together to look into the possibility of a big fall event....music, craft/flea market, field day kinda thang. I've already recruited a bunch of people to my cause. I'm very excited. I know with my mind in high gear I can come up with ideas and all, but I do suspect the mania will wear off sooner or later. Assistance is required to bring a good, solid concept to fruition. So far so good. The duckies seem to be cooperating and getting in line.

Venue may be the biggest challenge. We could solicit the town for use of public property but that didn't turn out so well with the old armory. One official offered it to us only to have another rescind the offer due to 'issues' with the property. Of course, politicking aint our strong suit at the club. And it doesn't help that we incorporated as an LLC because the cost of being a 501c(3) was prohibitive at the time. STEPPING STONES! These things are simply stepping stones.

***AN ASIDE: At a meeting one time I heard someone say that the difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is who we use them. Makes sense to me. In actuality what's the difference between the cow sh*t that gives the country air it's distinctive essence and fertilzer?

Just got an email. I have to track down the kid. She's having a difficult time and has been placed. Gonna make some phone calls to see if I can make contact. Her attitude gets her in more trouble!

No comments: