Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE NATIVES ARE RESTLESS....UGH!

Most of the time I don't even know I have neighbors. This is NOT one of those times. I don't what the hell is wrong with those folks but sometimes it just seems that they blow a head gasket. I am so freakin grateful to be single! TRUST ME!

He was screaming something (peppered with much profanity) about her having a 5 year old daughter and what kind of mother would be downstairs (visiting a neighbor?) when their kid is upstairs. Then the doors start slamming and someone is revving the motor on the car...the car that she broke the driver's side window out of last week...in front of her kid. The little girl was yelling to someone...mommy or daddy...I suppose whichever one left through the slamming door.

I've got this ball in my stomach, kinda like I swallowed a whole brick without chewing first. Tossing my cookies would be a relief right now. Really.

The other neighbor was arguing with his fiance (don't marry him lady) earlier today or yesterday. I forget. It's kind of a gray recollection. He was hollering cause the tape he put on the back door (sick puppy) wasn't broke but he was sure she had snuck out the front door while he was away.

Yuppers! It is entirely possible that I have lunatics on BOTH sides of me. This isn't normal, right? I mean, I've lived other places and not had all this madness and mayhem going on around me. Was it just a fluke that I never heard anything like this before? I mean, I've lived it before...but I haven't been on the sidelines of it. I don't believe that I care for this perspective one bit, thank you very much. For 13 1/2 years I lived this until I got sober and sane and realized I could walk away.

God help me to throw up or stop shaking...or anything else that might help about now. The car has pulled out of the driveway and it is quiet now. Still, I wait for the other shoe to drop. It just feels like that will happen. I believe that is the feeling known as foreboding. Sucks to live that again.

I'd like to go into my room, shut the door, turn the radio on and crawl under the covers. Well, that's a hell of a thing. I have other things to get done right now. So, I took some ginger in the hopes it would make my tummy happy and I will grab my to-do list and go about my business. Tomorrow I will reread what I've written here. I'll need to do that with a little perspective garnered from the passage of time. Perhaps that will make it make more sense to me. This is too guttural to be dealt with rationally in the here and now.

As for the rest of my day...well that went rather well. I got my ride to church in the morning...good sermon. Deep. I got some things done here and then it occurred to me that it was too beautiful day to stay inside so I got out and walked the "block." Well, it was actually a 3.5 mile jaunt that took me down North Street to Maple and then down Rock Avenue and back down 12 to get home. What a wonderful day to be out and about, taking it all in!!!

I took some photos while I was out. I have to get a good look at them on my computer. I have an idea...just an inkling of what I want to do with them. They aren't the beautiful scenery type pictures. I was just inspired with a thought while I was walking. I had grabbed my camera cause it seems when I don't, there is always something I do want to take a picture of with the fool thang. Details to follow but don't expect film at eleven. It's a digital camera for crying out loud. Besides, I have to sit on it and see where inspiration takes me.

I baked a piece of fish for supper and it came out mahvelous dahling, absolutely mahvelous. I still got it!!! Oh yea, I can cook. I had some broccoli on the side...loaded it up with salt. That will have to do until I can get that salt lick set up in my kitchen. Hopefully that will convince my blood pressure that it doesn't have to bottom out just cause it can. We'll see about that one! LOL (I know...it's not funny, it's serious stuff but even if it is no laughing matter, it is no matter if I laugh).

The St. Alban's meeting was very good tonight...step 9. I heard a lot of good things. There was such a positive energy in the room. I'm looking forward to the morning meetings (Monday and Wednesday at 9 AM over at the club). I do so like to start the day out right. That'll do it for me!

Well, that's all the news that isn't news which is why you are reading it here instead of in the Hartford Courant. LMSAO

No comments: