Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy is good!

It's been a whirlwind couple of days. Yesterday was a blur. By the time I got the car yesterday I had barely enough time to skip down to Plainfield for the digital box and then scoot over to Pomfret for the 12:30 meeting. I gabbed a bit afterward and then I was off to the Post Office and then to the laundry mat to put my clothes in the washers. Then...to the police station to get my license in order and to the community cneter to join the gym. Of course, by then I had to go back and put my laundry in the dryer while I trekked down to Stop & Shop and Lowe's. I got back in time to grab my laundry and be a bit late returning the car. I got home, grabbed a protein bar and walked over to Broad Street and came home after the meeting to cook a bit of something substantial. Whew!

And today was just as hectic. I worked around the house, doing some chores. The lock I bought at Lowe's is causing me problems so I compromised and placed it on the inside door then called the landlord to let him know I was perfectly happy with it where it was but the outside door situation had not changed though it isn't really an issue...it's a damn double door scenario, hey.

I walked downtown to the post office to mail some things (my mailbox is not up yet) and then hit the town hall so I could register to vote in Killingly. After that I stopped at the library to trade in my Woodstock card for a Killingly one. Details! Details! Details!

The kicker is, I will keep thinking of things that I have to do to be an official Killingly resident over the next few weeks. Hey! At least I get around to these things eventually. It's hard trying to figure out what all I have to do. Jeepers! You'd think since I went through this just this past July it would all be in the forefront of my muddle aged mind. RIGHT! Like that is some kind of option.

OHMIGAWD! That reminds me...I had the hot flash from hell during the meeting last night. It occurs to me that there are only so many layers one can take off in a public place without creating a scene. I was really tempted to test the limits of that thar boundary. I damn near spontaneously combusted right there in the church basement. I am so grateful that doesn't happen too often.

I suspect that's why menopause has a reputation for being hell. It's about the sudden rising of one's body temperature without warning. I felt possessed of hell for a time last night. If this keeps up I am going to have to invest in flame retardant clothing and asbestos underwear!

Well, it is early to rise tomorrow. I am meeting Anne for breakfast then we will stop by Sue's (not me silly, the other Sue..duh) to pick up a couple of plastic bins I need to get out of her way. Later I will be going to Hartford with Mel...to the Institute for Living. She's got an appointment down there.

Saturday is the Corned Beef dinner at the club. Mary Lou is gonna scoot into town to grab me for house sitting and we will stop by there on our way to Willi. Sunday is an Ashley kinda day. Monday is Stew and Story at church (I'm one of the cooks) and then Wednesday I head to New Haven myself.

I have a couple of options for Tuesday night...speaking in Waterford or a toy party. Hmm...wonder what Sue will end up doing. Details to follow. I get back into town on Wednesday night.

Having said all that...if I don't post here for a few days...DEAL WITH IT! I have a life for Pete's sake. LMAO

Busy is good!

No comments: