Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just another day in paradise....

LMAO!!!

I had a very good day...nothing too exciting or too stressful...just another ordinary day in the ordinary life of an ordinary person. That's nice!

I made it to the hospital meeting this morning. That is such a good meeting...heard lots of good things...got to see lots of friends. It's a lovely way to begin the day, fer sure.

I had time to come home and regroup before Linda's 60th birthday party this afternoon. It was a lovely time. The club was abuzz with lots of well-wishers. We laughed, we talked, we caught up on each others lives. I had a chance to visit with some folks I hadn't seen in quite a while. I took lots of pictures which I am posting discretely on Facebook. This is turning into quite the lengthy process. The tab system on my Firefox browser sure comes in handy at a time like this. I can peruse the internet while I upload pictures on another tab. Whew! It would be way too boring to have to just wait for the process to do its thing!

I do want to get all the photos uploaded tonight. That will preclude the possibility that I forget to finish. This damn muddle age thang really messes with my memory sometimes. LOL

Tommy and I had a really good conversation today. He is turning into such a fine young man. It's always a joy to have a chance to talk to him and tune into what is on his mind. I am constantly amazed about the breadth and depth of his interests and by the mature perspectives of one so young.

I reminded him of the day, a few years ago now, when we were in church at St. Philip's and his 8 or 9 year old self said, "keep coming" after the Lord's Prayer...during Sunday mass. It's one of those 'special' moments that I remember and hold dear. There were a bunch of us 'program' people there who burst out laughing while the rest of the congregation was just flat out bewildered by our laughter. Maybe you had to be there to 'get it.' Maybe you have to be 'one of us' to enjoy it. For us it was a bonding experience.

Well, I only have two more photos to upload after this batch gets posted. YAY! 'Bout time!! I guess I overestimate the technology. I expect that I should be able to upload pictures quick, fast and in a hurry. NOT SO! All things take time...Things I Must Endure. Ah yes, that magic word that keeps coming at me from all angles.

Well, speaking of time...it is about time for me to hit the hay. I am so ready to lay my head down and let slumber carry me away to dreamland. Tonight it will be a delight for my head to hit the pillow....IF I CAN EVER FINISH UPLOADING THESE FOOLS PICTURES. Soon, very, very soon...they will all be posted very soon.

Good night to all!

No comments: