Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it?

Well, it's been a busy week. Getting ready for the Alkathon has taken up a lot of my time. I've washed a lot of toys, finished off the program, started cooking the 3-bean soup for the New Year's Day potluck and taken care of other details as well. It's always bout the details it seems. Anyway, I am psyched and ready to go.

I woke up this morning fully expecting to see a load of snow on the ground, but the inclement weather has not settled in yet. Here's hoping it stays away for a bit longer!!! There's still some set up to do and the banner to get done. Yup! Them details are certainly a bear!!! LOL

Yesterday I put on about 4 or 5 miles walking. Not bad at all. I started out trying to walk to Price Chopper in Putnam from the house so I could catch the NECTD bus. I was at Dunkin Donuts on Woodstock Avenue at 9:45 AM. Not close enough to make the 9:55 bus to Danielson. When what should appear but a friend on her way into Danielson asking me if I was exercising or if would like a ride somewhere. That was too KEWL! I do so enjoy life's pleasant little surprises!

I walked from United Services to QVCC after my appointment. I love that walk for some reason. It's not especially long but I find Rock Avenue a peaceful venue. Then again, I also like walking to meetings. It reminds me that I am still willing to go to any length. That is a reality that I need to keep close to me. That is one of my positives!

After the meeting (it was a good meeting) I headed over towards downtown and ended up getting a ride to the club for a bit. Well, I was gonna go a-visiting but that didn't work out so I hung out at the library, checked by emails and made myself busy. I've always loved the library...since I was a kid. It was my little hide out. It was a safe place...still is.

Went shopping with Carrie, her grandmother and the girls for a bit. It is so funny to see Kimmy in action. She wants to wear boys clothes which drives grandma crazy. Reminds me of all the go-rounds I had with my mom bout the very same thing. Carrie says she was the same way when she was a kid. I guess history does have a way of repeating itself. Anyway, Carrie and I drifted off with Kimmy to the boys' section while Grandma and Robin scoured the girls' section for clothes. A good time was had by all!!! LOL

I had called my friend from Woodstock about a ride home from the meeting, but he had other plans. I was winging it at that point, but I wanted to make the Danielson meeting so I went figuring it would all work out. Lo and behold, he was there as his plans had fallen through so I had a ride back to Woodstock. It's true what they say, "If you can get to a meeting, you can always get a ride home from a meeting." I don't think faith isn't about all that religious stuff, it's just believing that the universe is unfolding as it should. With a day like yesterday, how could I believe any differently?

So, it's time to stir the soup and start on the rest of my day. Have a good one today and a better one tomorrow. Till we meet again as we trudge the road of happy destiny, be well my friends.

No comments: