Saturday, December 13, 2008

THREE SURPISE DAYS IN A ROW!!!

Let's recap...Thursday I was gonna do a couple of meetings and then do the NORML support group at the hospital. Well, the weather wasn't especially cooperative so after the morning meeting I did a couple of errands instead of the second meeting. THEN, Thursday night there was no support group at DKH. I had told Loren at church about it. He and I were the only two who showed up. There was no cancellation notice that I was aware of so we sat and chatted for a bit.

Friday, I was gonna to Mrs. Gunderson do some cleaning but Carrie's dad ended up at UMASS so we spent the day up there. Her grandmother was worried sick and really didn't need to be alone. Carrie wasn't sure what to do. After Gregg stabilized I made a billion calls (seemed like I did) from the hospital so I could get to the auction to get the items for the party on Sunday. Well, Linda, Cathie and I ended up at the auction...and a GOOD TIME was had by all. They had never been there. Emily picked me up at the club to get me back home. The strategics of it all was absolutely amazing. It all worked out but I still have no idea how that came to be.

This morning I was going to do the meeting at DKH but Jeanne's father called. He was stranded at Westover Air Force Base. He had taken a flight there last night and his brother was iced in up north. Sooo...I head there this morning instead of to my meeting. It was a bit tricky...my directions were to the Westover Airport, not the base. Fortunately, they are something of the nature of siamese twins in a military-parred-down-and-turned-over-to-municipality-kinda-way. Mission accomplished though I did get lost for a bit on the way home which caused a 20 minute delay. Oh well. All's well that ends well. Her dad made it to the wedding! VERY KEWL!!!

And, a lovely wedding it was. The ceremony was beautiful with so many family and friends to join in the joy! The music, the readings, the whole kit'n'caboodle was just fabulous. It really all did come together wonderfully. I'm so glad for them. They were just beaming and glowing. It was a delight to be a witness to that!

I'm bringing Beth and Jeanne to Warwick tonight. They decided that instead of getting up early to hit the airport they would spend the night in Warwick so they could be relaxed and refreshed for their flight. I still don't know what time I will be doing that. It all depends on when they get back from the church. I came home bout an hour ago. I needed to get out of the crowds. There was a lot of perfume around. thought of surgically implanting my rescue inhaler is very enticing at this point. Besides, I still have the headache I woke up with this morning. Less noise seemed like a winning idea.

The temperatures are dropping which is kind of a bummer. I was just gonna leave my skirt on for the ride but I may switch to something warmer like long johns and pants...LOL. I am going to pick up the color books and crayons, probably on my way back from dropping them off so I will be out even later...and later is colder in dropping temperatures. It's an interesting turn of events. Before I couldn't wait to get out of my dress clothes and now I rather enjoy being well-dressed. The times they are a-changing!

I made some rice crispy treats for tomorrow's Xmas party. They are chilling even as I type. I shall gather up the kids' Xmas movies (Charlie Brown & Frosty...cause I wanna see them!), Santa's bag and the other miscellaneous so I am ready for tomorrow.

Loren is having an open house which starts just before the club party. I am going to go there for a bit. He told me he has a couple of couches that he can offer me when I move. I thought I would scope them out and see if they would fit the apartment I am hoping to move into. He even offered his truck to help me move whatever I have to move. That is so sweet of him.

So, after church I will stop at the club, finish getting everything ready and then dash off to the open house for a bit with time to get back to Danielson before Santa arrives. Busy? You bet your butt I am!!! It feels good.

If tomorrow doesn't turn out the way I planned, I won't be exactly surprised. I seem to be on a run of changed plans lately but going with the flow seems to be working for me. Change is good...and to know that is to live it! Right before the holidays, schedules seem to change again and again and again. That's just par for the course. Today I'm okay with that.

No comments: