Monday, December 22, 2008

ALLERGIES! ARGH!

Yuppers these eyes are an allergy thang! That's what my doctor tells me. Well, aint that dandy and all. I guess it just figures. Last Monday I saw her and she put me on Singulair and now this. She suggested I try some over the counter Claritan but I think not.

I will continue to sleep on two pillows instead of one and use the ice pack. I found those suggestions online. They seemed to help a bit but the itchiness and the tenderness around the eyes is still an issue. I'm dealing with it...not liking it especially...but dealing with it.

I was on Claritan about two years ago or so maybe. One night I woke up about 3 AM in the middle of the very worst anxiety/panic/holy crap attack I ever had. I haven't had anything like that happen since I have been off of it. The jittery was bad enough, but that anxiety attack in the middle of the night was intolerable. I am not going to go that route again unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am still breathing. It is not NECESSARY yet. LOL

On the brighter side, today I walked and walked and walked. YEEHAW! I took the NECTD bus to Dayville and got off at Killingly Commons. I did a bit of window shopping and then headed across the street to the doctor's. Then I took the bus to Danielson and walked around downtown for a while. Next I was off to Putnam and I walked from Price Chopper up to St. Phillip's for the Alkathon meeting. Keep in mind, I did all this walking with a 25-30 lb. back pack on my back. I had grabbed all the books for the meeting and taken them with me so I would have them for this evening. Well, let me tell you, walking in snow with a heavy backpack is quite the workout if you want my opinion.

I came home and took a lovely shower with lots and lots of hot water. Oh the steam is wonderful. It's not just me, the doctor says it will help keep my sinsues happy and clear. The idea of easier breathing is very appealing these days. Go figure, huh?

I am going to be going to my dad's for our annual Christmas supper tomorrow night. We always do our holiday thing separate from the holiday. That works out well. I will be doing the Pomfret meeting and then going to help my sponsor prepare for her Christmas Eve Open House. I won't actually make the open house as I go to Joan's on Christmas Eve. It's a family tradition, one which I rather enjoy. It's about the only time I get to see Georgie, Lena, Phil, Annie and their kids. Holiday traditions with family is nice.

Then I will do the 11 PM mass at Trinity in Brooklyn. There's something about the late night mass that I really like, maybe it is the karma of the thing. (LOL)

I am planning on getting down to the club on Christmas Day. I will bring the banner for the Alkathon so we can work on it there. Saturday was the day to get the thing done but the weather did not cooperate. Thank goodness for plan B.

Carrie's grandmother called and Sue called. Carrie is among the missing according to them. I don't agree with someone from the rooms telling a non-AA whether someone was at a meeting or not...and helping them by tracking down folks from other meetings to see if she was there is over the top.

It is what is. Whether she was where she said she was gonna be and whether she is where others think she is supposed to be is not something that I want to be dragged into. I really don't need the drama (like anyone really needs drama) in my life. So I was very curt during that phone conversation which ended very quickly.

Well, my Singulair is making me rather tired. I think that I shall grab my ice pack, go rest on my two pillows and then drift off to sleep all comfy cozy in my nice soft bed. Ahhhh! Good night all!

No comments: