Wednesday, January 28, 2009

IN A HOLDING PATTERN....(no more)

Bureaucracies and behemoth systems drive me nuts! It's a short commute for me, but still, the insanity comes. I feel like I am banging my head against the flipping wall.

The nice lady at TVCCA wants me in my apartment by February 1st. In theory, that's a great idea. Of course, if she would get back to me with some freaking paperwork to effect that end, it would be so much easier. Hell, I aint even fussy bout da paperwork at this point. I've called so many times THIS WEEK (and is it only Wednesday) that I a can't use one hand to count anymore. Knowing my portion of the rent would be like so ENLIGHTENING. If the landlord and I get no paperwork form them he is going to want the whole amount from me for 1st month. I don't have the extra couple, two, three hundred to play around with.

I am getting very frustrated. Today is not a good day for a ride to Norwich but I may be down there tomorrow. I really don't think my odds of getting an answer today are really very good.

SOOOOOO...PROMPTED BY THE MEANDERINGS OF MY OWN MIND ON MY OWN BLOG,I MADE SOME PHONE CALLS. Houston, I have a dollar figure!!! Whoa! Doing the footwork pays off. I don't have to go to Norwich...YEAH! (nothing 'gainst Norwich, mind you, just a long way to go for nothing but bureaucratic bull-oney!)

Well, my day just got immeasurably better and I feel so much less stressed at the moment. Now I have to coordinate all the help I have for the weekend. I want to get in on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is our annual parish meeting and SUPER BOWL SUNDAY...both facts that limit my number of helpers for Sunday.

I am feeling much more optimistic. Yeehaw! Of course, it still feels like I am moving in on a hope and a prayer...but that's what faith is all about for me. It will work out. After all, life is a journey, not a destination. What a wild ride sometimes!!!

I am going to hop in the shower and see if my day can get even better. I woke up with a slightly swollen face and a headache and with my joints stiff and aching. Oye Vay! A nice warm, steamy shower, some soothing Dove body wash with menthol, add a good bit of almond oil over my ever-dry skin (...no towel drying allowed) and I should be golden...and able to move without undue stiffness. Welcome to my morning ritual! LOL I actually enjoy taking the extra time to take care of me. I figure I deserve the special attention.

And who knows, this being one them snow days and all, I may just pop in and add another entry a bit later on. I have been remiss in posting to my blog with all the hustle and bustle of getting my ducks in a row for the apartment. I like to think that things have settled down now. You don't think I am being too optimistic, do you? LMAO

No comments: