Friday, January 2, 2009

What a wonderful day!

The day started out a bit 'iffy' and got sooo much better from there. I got a call from the landlord of the apartment I was looking at. She said that there are issues going on in the apartment that she is not at liberty to discuss with me and I would not be able to rent get teh apartment. Hmmm! That's all I'm saying.

Then the NECTD buses weren't running today. I realized this after I got to Price Chopper and was waiting for the bus. I managed to get a in touch with a friend who brought me down to Danielson.

While I was waiting I talked with a landlord about an apartment I had found on Craig's List. I got to see it this afternoon and I am going to take it. It is not as big as the other. It is on the second floor...but someone recently said something about how people living with stairs tend to be healthier. The bedroom is painted a peachy color which I found rather pleasing. The kitchen is a good size (room for my computer there) with a substantially smaller living room than the other place. Well, the living room in the other place was soooo HUGE! I just needed to have this resolved. All in all it is not a bad place. It has a lovely porch which will be very nice come summer.

Now for the furniture part of my dilemma. I have a bed, couch, living room chair, trunk for a coffee table, TV & VCR/DVD combo unit and an airbed. Now for a desk, table set, bureau and entertainment center and all the odds & ends that go with apartment occupancy. I'm sure it will all come together quite nicely. That's just an article of faith. Life is good if I let it be.

And, while shopping at the Sally Store I managed to find some pants...SIZE 12's!!! That is very kewl. I also found another jacket. My orange jacket is quite warm and it is also getting quite big on me. ...AND I AM NOT LAMENTING THAT FACT ONE ITSY BITSY LITTLE BIT!!!!

So, I am going to hit craigslist and dream about furniture, glorious furniture for my new place. I look at a lot of things...VERY GOOD THING THAT I DON'T BUY LIKE I LOOK!!!! LMAO

2 comments:

Ann Miller said...

You must be LYING about the size 12! LOL!!

The apartment sounds nice...I was concerned about the other one being "underground"....you are not a CAVE WOMAN!!

You are right...the other things will come...and it will be a nice series of "little adventures"....

I always tell myself...things happen for a reason.

SueBear said...

nope! 'Twas a size 12 alright!. Now it may be a loose fit size 12, but I'll take what I can get into. LMAO