Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God is a funny dude!

Well, the apartment on Cottage Street is not gonna work out. Methinks the landlady is a fruitloop. On Friday she says the first is fine for a move-in date. Then on Sunday she talks to me and tells me that I have to move in on the 18th cause the old tenant is vacating then and she has other people interested if I don't. Monday she talks to my housing people and tells them she will include the electric in the rent and this morning when I talk to her she says that is not doable. Aye vay! What insanity is this that I am signing up for I ask myself?

So I go to Norwich to find out what I can find out. I get there and there is big note that says no walk-ins. The receptionist points this out to me. I point out to her that they do not return phone messages and it takes them weeks to get back to me about things I send via mail (return receipt required...they are a bureaucracy after all). With a February 1 deadline that just isn't very doable.

So, the receptionist tells me that my worker is out to lunch. I resisted the urge to tell her that they were out to lunch all the time whether they were there or not. Of course, the very moment I thought that it occurred to me that I needed a meeting. I made the 12:30 meeting on West Towne Street and got back in time to deal with the matters at hand...much more rationally than I would have originally. Well, all went well.

I found out the numbers don't work on the apartment with the chaotic landlady. I wasn't feeling real bad about that at all. My worker asked me what I was going to do. I told her that I would go about finding another apartment today. She looked at me like I had my tits on backwards. Well, I am pleased to report that that is exactly what I did.

I contacted the landlord of the apartment that I had liked back in July. As long as the numbers crunch, I have it. It is bigger, brighter and more modern than the one I lost today. I am guardedly optimistic at this point. I would have a February 1st occupancy date. That would give me more time and less stress.

I made another meeting tonight. These are stressful times for me after all. Someone at the meeting asked me what I would do if this apartment fell through. I told her I would call a friend's landlord to see what he had available and if that didn't work out I would pursue other avenues. It's not the end of the world for pete's sake. I can feel the stress but it's not anything that I can't deal with. This is definitely turning into a very interesting process however. Gotta love the bumps in the road!!! LMAO Life is certainly a learning curve.

As good ole Doris Day would say, "Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera." Okay, so she'd sing it rather than say it. But you don't wanna hear me sing it. Trust me on this!

No comments: