Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's in a name?

After finishing "The Bucket List" and sending it out I realized that I've had quite the collection of nicknames. Eggbeater, Suzy, Little Suzy, Buckwheat, Clyde Kadiddlehopper, Screw, Puppet, Sues and Pizza Sue, SueBear. There have been others as well. I find it interesting that I have had so many monikers. Oh, and there were two pseudonyms I used along the way as well. I figure those don't count they were something I dreamed up for anonymity and not something anyone ever called me. In point of fact, most folks wouldn't recognize me in them.

I can look back and see how each name came from and defined a part of my life. They are all a part of my story, my history...a part of me and who I have become. Every step of the way was necesary though today I cringe when someone uses the "Z word" in reference to me. UGH!

I am very tired today in a "my brain is foggy and I am groggy" kind of way. I've been getting to bed later than I like (though not so late) and sleep has been elusive. My hips scream at me when I lay on my side. Somewhere between my hip and my ribcage there is a gawd-awful ache when I sleep on my left side. Then I have to put up with feeling jittery at times during the day. It's not from caffeine cause I haven't had but two cups of coffee since my surgery and my tea is decaf. I think it's from being tired. Tired never used to hit me like that but then again, cold has taken on a whole new meaning in my life.

I'm working on working on it. I grabbed a winter jacket at the thrift store and I am dressing in layers. I need to get off the computer earlier so I can relax and get into mellow mode. When I am working on something or searching for information I get more than a bit obsessive-complusive. Of course, that's just my nature. I can get very intense which is not always a bad thing except when I get away with myself. I'm working on it, by golly!

No comments: