Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ON TRACK

Bummer, no Comic Sans...my favorite font. Oh well! This one will do.

I just wanted to get started on this blog, cause if I keep putting it off I will forget about it. I know me all to well. I'm working on my character defects but it is gonna be a lifetime job.

Made two meetings today and I am feeling very positive. I got down to Danielson for their Tuesday Night Daily Reflections meeting. It was good to see the old gang again. Carrie was there. She's coming back yet again. My heart went out to her but I steered clear of her path. I can't help, I can only do damage. I'd love to see her on track with her sobriety, but I can't do it for her. It does help to remind me that but for the grace of god, there go I. That was too close to home for me.

I still have a bit more paperwork to get ready for tomorrow night's Alkathon meeting. It's nothing major. I can bang it out in a half hour or less. I organized all our agendas and minutes and whatnots in a binder. Up till this point there has been absolutely no record keeping. That has led to lack of transparency and work being done again and again cause no one knows what was done before. That was like a double PhD in inefficiency and disorganization. Tsk! Tsk! It's just no way to operate...period. So, I am feeling pretty good about accomplishing that. They should have known that making me secretary was gonna set me about organizing. It's what I do.

Jeanne and Beth set their wedding date...December 13th. I'm excited for them. It will be interesting watching their plans unfold.

And here is an interesting (and unrelated) tid bit...I am now viewing Pepcid and Centrum chewable as snack foods. LOL At first, I didn't especially care for the intense orange flavor of the Centrum but it seems to have grown on me. It's a hell of a thing...I lose my taste for chocolate and pick up a liking for Centrum. Behold the marvels of modern medicine! I think its great, but I do have that odd sense of humor going for me. Good thing, huh? LOL

No comments: