Sunday, October 26, 2008

So Very Tired Right Now...

Every day it hits just before supper time. This ominous, heavy tiredness. UGH! Besides the physical tiredness there's a mental fog I can't seem to get through. It's an ugly, ugly thing! Things like reading and writing are a major effort. My brain just shuts off! It's the darnedest thing I've ever experienced. I'm going to get my lithium level checked tomorrow morning. It's not just because it is after my afternoon dose that I get all yucky. I feel weak. I could swear I've developed restless leg syndrome...omigawd, it's terrible what my legs do while I am trying to get to sleep. A couple of times it's felt like I had an anxiety attack and at times I have the coordination of a fall-down drunk. It aint pretty. But this has been going on for a bit now.

My denial had me putting off the blood work. Well, here it is in writing so its real. I have to take action. It's so important for me to tell on myself. It keeps me on track.

I went down to Willimantic to meet the dogs...Ruthie a Lab mix and Bailey & Grace the Beagles. They are a bit spoiled but a friendly lot nonetheless. They seemed to take a liking to me...or to my lap and my two hands anyway. It should be a fun gig. There are plenty of meetings in walking distance. Willimantic has a strong recovery community. And hanging with dogs is always fun. Well, there is a cat there but she is apparently rather reclusive. Of course, I am more of a dog person myself though I do enjoy cats too. Now for those directions...

No comments: