Monday, October 27, 2008

I can't believe how itchy my arms get. I just put on some Gold Bond cream..hydrocortisone has never worked for me. Got a bunch of bumps on my collar bone and left shoulder too. I hit them with the Gold Bond stuff as well. It really is incredible stuff...AND, SON OF AN ITCH, IT WORKS!!!

I have to plan for this house sitting gig as it has me in Willimantic on election day. There's a transit bus between Willi and Danielson that I could take, then grab another bus to Putnam so I can get picked up to vote in Woodstock. When I think of all the folks in walking distance of polling places who won't vote I just shake my head. This past year and a half without a car has really shown me how much I care about certain things. I rather enjoy that. Life lessons can certainly be interesting! Someday I will have a car again...just not today. I can wait until the time is right.

I managed to get out and walk today. I did 2.0 miles in 45 minutes...no Olympic record there. It feels good to walk though at times I feel like I am fighting to put one foot in front of the other. Is this what they mean by trudging the road of happy destiny? LMAO

I ran into my godmother and her husband. I waved to him but he didn't recognize me until I walked up and hugged my godmother. It was a nice surprise to run into her. She was getting her coumadin level checked while I was getting my lithium level checked. Gotta love small towns! It did remind me that I owe her a visit. It's long overdue.

I want to get down to visit Aunt Ruth too. I haven't been to see her since before my surgery. Ah yes, the "to-do" list just grows and grows. Of course, I consider that a good thing.

No comments: