Saturday, October 25, 2008

Been up to Warehouse Point to visit Ashley. We went out to see "The Secret Life of Bees." I highly recommend it. At one point I thought Ashley was dozing...and she may well have been. She was extremely quiet. It was hard to get her to say two words in sequence. I asked open ended questions and got one and two word replies.

Her lack of sophistication never ceases to amaze me. She told me she had the newest PSP, which would be #3. She actually has the original PSP. She could identify the cd's of the 2 & 3 as not what she was using. She couldn't point out the mall that the cinema was in even though she had been there on numerous ocassions. It was like she had never been there before when in fact I was the one who had never been there before. I wonder how she is going to get by in the world, outside of a sheltered environment.

I got back in time to go to the karaoke portion of the ESSC event. Sober events are so kewl. And yes, all ye bucket list folks, I did it! I got up and sang an old Donna Fargo (stop laughing) number, "You Can't Be A Beacon." I was god-awful for sure, but I enjoyed myself. It was sort of a flashback moment for me. I remember that nun when I was in second grade telling everyone to stop lip syncing and then telling me TO lip sync cause I was so bad. Why someone would do that to a kid is beyond me! I guess today counts as my revenge.

The wind is driving the rain. I can hear the wind chimes every now and again. Every so often lightening illuminates the sky. It's peaceful yet powerful. I'm here with the two cats, the sisters. One or both will sleep on my bed with me. There's a calming effect hearing a cat purring. Nothing quite like it really.

No comments: