Friday, October 31, 2008

Hello World!!!

I feel like I am back but I know I still have a ways. I can think and speak and the world does not seem so distant. I am quite delighted. I still have some tremors and whatnot going on. I managed to stumble in a drunk like manner a few times through my morning walk. It's about progress not perfection.

When I stopped my lithium yesterday I almost changed my mind. My gut told me to keep taking something that is already at a toxic level was insanity but then that voice of med compliance has been drilled into my head. Turns out I did the right thing. My PCP said my levels were slightly elevated but the on-call APRN I spoke with today said my levels were extremely high. I did the right thing stopping the lithium. I am to call my psychiatrist on Monday and not take any lithium until she tells me to do so.

I didn't have the day I thought I would today. I guess I had the day I was supposed to have, not the one I planned. Life is interesting like that.

I did address my issue with the no-call from the doctor on call yesterday. I was able to express myself and my concerns...something I wouldn't have been able to do yesterday. My head was significantly clearer today. Thank goodness!!!

LITHIUM TOXICITY...WHAT A FLIPPING TRIP!!!!

I am looking forward to my upcoming house sitting gig. It will be a nice little getaway from the ordinary. I have some meetings scoped out. (2 miles each way...when opportunity knocks...) Going to different meetings is always fun. Barbara is going to bring me up so I can vote in Woodstock on Tuesday. Ann's picking me up Wednesday for the New Haven trip.

Life is good! Busy, but very good. Then things will slow down for a bit. That's just the ebb and flow of my life. I like it that way. I like the change and the unpredictability. It keeps me on my toes. It keeps me interested. Mostly, I don't have any choice about how life happens so I can either go with it or fight it. It just makes not sense to try to change the things I cannot change. I'm grateful today that I know that...well, most of the time. Nobody's perfect! LOL

No comments: