Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a day! What a week! What a life!

I really am having a rather good day. Got up early so we could head out to New Haven. I LOVE Dr. Nadzam. What a great guy! I spoke with him about my symptoms, my ER visit on Sunday...the whole nine yards.

Instead of only poking in the exact location of the pain, like the DKH ER doc, he poked around a bit. There is definitely some tenderness in the lower right quadrant. He ordered a CT Scan of my pelvis and abdomen. He is thinking maybe chronic (subacute) appendicitis or an ovarian cyst might be going on. It would be nice to find out the cause. (And, I am trying to discount the gas I've had lately...because that has coincided with the iron supplement I have been taking.) Still, it would be nice to not be in screaming pain like that EVER again. Oye vay! Did that hurt or what on Sunday!!!

He also did not rule out the musclo-skeletal possibilities. Hey, my spine got twisted in a car accident back in 1983 and I have lost a lot of weight (87% of my excess body weight to be exact!) in the past 8+ months. That could shock the ole skeletal system a wee bit. At least I have a starting point. Gotta start somewhere. This seems like a good beginning.

The pain is nowhere near as bad as it was Sunday morning. Mostly I don't even notice it....more of an uncomfortable feeling than anything else. I am soooo grateful for that. It's all subject to change which is okay by me. Maybe it will get even better! I am premenstrual and that tends to mess with my lower back and abdomen anyway. THAT is definitely one of those things to which I can calmly say, "This too shall pass...and then come again." LMAO

I am up and about and doing all the usual things. TA DAH! Well, hey, if it don't hurt, I aint gonna baby it. Hell, if it don't hurt a whole lot, I aint gonna baby it.

I am going to prepare supper so it is ready to hit the stove when I get back from the Wednesday night meeting...which I fully intend to walk to, BTW. See, I am feeling pretty darn good. If my allergies would just back off a notch so I wasn't so tired I'd be ecstatic. That grainy, heavy feeling in my eyes is getting pretty old. Which reminds me, I have to put my drops in...they help with that quite a bit. Behold the power of modern pharmaceuticals! LOL

Well, I am gonna go fishing in my refigerator to see what I can see. I contemplated fish tonight but we had salmon last night. I have to remember that perhaps not all the rest of the world is as enamored with fish as I have become lately. LOL Maybe a variation of stove top shepherd's pie? Yes, indeed! That sounds very good. I think I can pull that one off with a little effort on my part. Mel is not doing too well with beef yet, but the ground turkey I have might just do the trick. Film at eleven! LMAO

No comments: