Friday, June 19, 2009

Doctor's are idiots!

First, let me say that I do NOT NOT NOT like being dismissed, condescended to and not listened to. This is not just my opinion of the dear doctor. Melanie came in with me and confirmed that my doctor was not interested in listening to me, was not trying to listen to me, was not very interested in listening to me.

I may be a bit irate at this point.

How do you define not listening? Well, if I say the pain is intermittent and not constant why would you assume that it is an ongoing event? I wasn't in PAIN today, though I do feel something it is not a painful sensation. It has come and gone (that does define intermittent, does it not?) The intensity varies with the event. Are these difficult concepts?

I asked about Ultram as it is touted as a non-narcotic pain reliever. I got a lecture about how I do not need a narcotic pain reliever. MISCOMMUNICATION...s'all I'm saying.

I was told that my body is adjusting to the weight loss and I may never have any pain again.

That makes it all better for having spent something like 5 hours in agony with ice packs and acetaminophen offering no relief just yesterday morning.

Of course, the fact that the CT scan shows a clamp in my lower pelvic/abdomen area...which prompted my doctor to ask about when I had my appendix removed (I still have it!!!)...well, that should be no indication of where the flipping pain might be coming from!!!

The clamp probably fell from the site where my gall bladder used to be...that's been removed. This is apparently not an uncommon occurrence. I really don't give a rat's patooey bout the clamp save for the fact that is has COINCIDENTALLY landed where the recurring pain seems to happen. Does anyone besides me read anything into this fact?

I will be getting a copy of the CT scan tomorrow when I go to the morning meeting and on Monday I shall call New Haven. They referred me to my primary cause the kidney (the left one, oddly enough) has a cyst on it. Kidney cysts are not uncommon and since this one is on the left side and not the right where my pain comes from it is quite unremarkable. I'm kewl with dat!

Years ago, in early recovery, I was told there is no such thing as coincidence. Now, the meaning in that was entirely different...it was a spiritual axiom at that time. Today, when I do the math, it adds up to something else.

Excruciating, intermittent, recurring pain in groin...frequently relieved by bowel movement...clamp makes doctor think I've had my appendix removed yet I still have the little bugger...

She says I have pulled a muscle. I need to exercise more, walk more, etc. Oddly enough, New Haven is delighted with the amount of exercise I have been getting. Oddly enough, I have pulled muscles before and this burning, stabbing pain that goes away in half a day is not how pulled muscles have played out in my past. Oddly enough, I have never had a bowel movement that relieved any of my pulled muscle pain.

Damn! Not only has my mouth been rerouted to my ass but other parts of me have been connected in some very odd ways as well.

When I left her office I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to give her a good piece of my mind.

I will call New Haven on Monday. It was too late to get through today. Their office was closed by the time I called.

Still, I am hoping she is right and I will never again feel this pain. Pain does not do much for my disposition and I suspect if I do not go to an ER while I am in the pain it will just be a case of being dismissed again. I already feel the attitude welling up inside me though. Doctor's hate attitudes but I am in my "I hate doctors" mode right now. When I hurt so bad that I cannot stand upright, I have no doubt there is some problem...maybe not a serious life threatening problem...but that level of pain is a problem.

But hey, my blood work is fine. That's all that matters. Of course, my bloodwork was so fine that I had no gall bladder problem...till someone did an ultrasound and discovered a problem. OOPS! I think I hate my blood work too.

Am I miserable? YUP! Am I pissed? Oh yeah!!! Does anyone with a medical degree want to see me if the worst case pain scenario plays out again? HELL NO!!!

TIME TO PRAY AND MEDITATE FOR SOME SANITY ON THIS MATTER CAUSE I AINT GOT NONE OF MY OWN!!!

No comments: