Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THREE A.M.

Three A.M. and my butts out of bed,
What the hell is wrong with my head?

Well, it's not my head but my belly instead
Got that sensation that I've come to dread.

My gut's a rumbling and carrying on,
I wish this feeling would just be gone.

Wrapped in a blanket, pillow cuddled up to
Is something I'd really like to do.

Ah, to close my weary eyes for just a few.
What the hell am I gonna do?

Wish I could drift away to some dream state
But pain's priority, sleep will wait.

Want to bang my head against the wall
Let my brain into unconsciousness fall.

Alas, my neighbors are sound asleep
So I type and type without making a peep.

It's three A.M., no one to dial up at all
I sit at my keyboard awaiting slumber's call.

Yet I know when it's time to hit the hay again
It will still be about the pain that I'm in.

Frustration tangos in my disharmonious thoughts
With disconternations I seem to be fraught.
Slumber elusive, no matter that it's sought.

No comments: