Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ponderings...

Why is it that even though I know there will be bumps in the proverbial road, I'm still surprised when I happen across one?

Why is it so easy to admit that I am not perfect and yet so difficult to look at exactly how I am imperfect?

Exactly why is it that there are not atheists in foxholes?

Instead of insisting on having what I want why can't I want what I have?

Life is a journey, then I'll take the scenic route any day!

Why do we hire weather forecasters to be wrong all the time? Is that really a good investment?

If I believe in God and there is no God, what I have I lost?

Do atheists ever take the non-existence of god as a matter of faith?

If Nietzche is right and God is, in fact, dead, then would he be classified as an atheist or a religionist? Can non-existent beings die?

How did freedom of religion become absence of religion?

How could we dream big enough to send a man to the moon yet we can't imagine a woman in the oval office?

How is it that in our free enterprise system there are companies too large to fail?

The American dream was hijacked by Ambien, et. al.

"When you haven't got time for the pain..." If the answer is in a pill, what the hell was the question?

Maybe the reason we're losing the war on drugs is because the pharmaceutical companies keep pumping untold resources into public relations campaigns that insist drugs are the answer to EVERYTHING!

If prostitution is against the law, then shouldn't all those bank execs who screwed the American public and then asked for bailout money be arrested? We did just pay to get screwed, didn't we?

Why is it said by those who consider themselves patriots, "America, love it or leave it" instead of, "America, love it or change it?"

Why is it unAmerican to work toward changes in the United States and so patriotic to blindly follow without ever questioning?

I must be able to conceive it and believe it if I am going to receive it.

Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present. Don't get wrapped up in more than that.

It doesn't really matter "who's on first' if your team isn't playing, now does it?

If I focus on the positive, then I don't have time to get mired in the negative.

God doesn't call the qualified. God qualifies the called. Don't try to qualify that...you're not God!

The difference between me and God is that God never thought s/he was me!

It's said that if you can remember the 60's you weren't really there. Well, a lot of good things got said and done in the sixties but if we don't remember them, does that mean they didn't happen and they weren't said?

If a tree falls in the forest, isn't the forest still there?

Whether I accept life on life's terms or not does not change reality. Acceptance, however, does change me.

When one door closes, pay attention to what happens in the hall while you wait for the next door to open. The NOW exists where you are at, not where you want to be.

I am right where I am supposed to be, but I am not where I am supposed to stay.

It doesn't matter whether I learn from my successes or my failures for growth is always a positive outcome.

How I got here is less important than where I am going from here.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. What are you waiting for?

No comments: