Friday, May 22, 2009

Tout Finis!!!

This just in...

When the East Side Social Club, LLC closes its doors at the end of the month, there will be no follow up location for our group of drunks. Some of us had tried to work it out so we would have a place to meet until we could form another entity. That is not to be.

In my mind that is just as well. I have complete acceptance of that fact for a whole host of reasons. It will prevent some truly regrettable events from transpiring and that is a very good thing.

I am still in queue to meet with the small business people at QVCC. That will take time, but that is fine and dandy. It is evident to me that now is not the time to proceed. Where we will go from here...if we will go from here...is all up in the air. I suspect that is as it should be. Time will give us a better perspective. I'm not sure where our current perspective would get us anyway so this may turn out to be a true blessing. That's what I see in this.

I feel a certain sadness but that too shall pass. Time is the great healer. The dream is not dead, just on hold for now...for a better time and a better place and a better frame of mind all geared for success. I don't know what the road ahead will hold for us, but I shall continue my journey. That is, after all, the way of life. Nothing stands still that doesn't lose ground so forward I go!!!

No comments: