Thursday, April 2, 2009

Time Flies!

Wow! I can't believe its been a week since my last entry. Who'da thunk it? Well, I have been very busy.

I house sat in Willi for a bit. It was nice to hang out with the Beagles and Ruthie. They like to sit on my lap when I watch TV. That makes things VERY cozy...but pleasant.

I even managed to make a couple of 7 AM meetings while I was out there. It amazes me how easy it is to forget how much I enjoy an early morning meeting. Getting up at 5 AM to get ready to go and then starting my day in the right way is always a delight. It's rather invigorating.

The kid is at Riverview AGAIN! She'll be there till her birthday anyway. She doesn't want to go back to CCP and she has put in for a new social worker. I'm not so sure that Abby did anything to provoke that...Miss Thing has been in rare form lately.

I made it up to Middletown to visit and 15 minutes into the visit she asks if I would be willing to cut the visit short so she can go watch some movie about gangs. I said no. I don't get a vehicle all that often, thus I can't visit all the time and...she is in a negative space, a gang movie isn't what I would prescribe for her attitude.

She sent some kid at the CCP to the hospital cause she was mad and she is sooo convinced that she has the right to do that very sort of thing when 'someone makes her angry.' I'd tell her that her temper is gonna get her into trouble someday, but she is already on probation as a result of her anger issues. It really is a little late to be predicting what has already come to pass.

I call her on that crap and she does not like that one iota. She says she wants to go on independent living after her birthday. I asked her if she thought the powers that be would allow that with her uncontrollable temper. She conceded that might be a stumbling block and then proceeded to ask me to leave cause she was tired. KIDS! KIDS WITH ATTITUDES!!! She is so good at being perfectly 16 1/2.

Well, it was 7:15 and I needed to get to the airport to pick up Mary Lou, so I said my good byes and headed off to Bradley. It was a rainy night, sometimes raining quite hard with heavy traffic I made it to the airport and parked in Terminal B parking instead of Terminal A parking. Had a lovely walk through the airport and was delightfully surprised to find an art exhibit by the hotel. It was a pleasant jaunt with some thought provoking art along the way.

It was good to get home, check my emails, sleep in my own bed and wake up in my own place. Dorothy was right. There really is no place like home! LMAO I made it to the 'never on timer' in Woodstock. Good meeting. I started my day on a very positive note.

I cleaned out my closet last night and passed along some things that were too big for me. Today I proceeded to do a bit of shopping. I made out really well at the ARC Emporium and at St. Joe's Thrift Shop. 'Twas a successful venture indeed!!!

To celebrate being home I rearranged the living room AND the bedroom...both in the same day! Can you imagine? Well, all the folks who know me well, know it's just what I do. I still want to move the TV but it is such an involved thing that I think I shall wait until another humdrum day to undertake those maneuvers. But folks, I got ideas...I'm just saying! If I had a wireless router...I could do even more furniture moving. Well, it's on my list...some one of these days...LOL

Now I am going to finish up my 'putering' and hit the hay. Jess and the baby will be over at some point tomorrow. I need to be well rested. The little one has sooooo much energy! What a hot ticket! The closest I can come to that is "hot flash." LMSAO

No comments: